Monday, November 30, 2009

A Beautiful Day to Ride

Sunday proved to be a terrific day to get out and ride. Temps in the mid to upper 50’s with a strong wind coming out of Northwest. I met up with the boyz in Delaware at the Beehive for a 2 hour spin and was surprised we only had about 6 riders in our group, especially after all the eating that took place during Thanksgiving.

Chairman Fred stopped by on his bike to say “Hi” but was headed on to attend a family birthday party. Marco was our ride leader and led us north into the headwinds. On a sad note, as we headed north we rode along Klondike Road and saw a small group of people gathered at the spot where two Dublin high school students were killed in a fatal car crash the previous evening. My thoughts are with the families and friends of the young people involved in this tragic accident.

After working hard to fight the wind we turned east and then south to enjoy the strong tailwind that carried us back to Delaware where Marco and I enjoyed a hot cup of Java and some homemade pie at the Beehive. This time of year I always think we are just about out of nice days to ride so I’m glad I made it out on Sunday.

No comments: