Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wednesday night with the WBC

Haven't posted lately for a variety of reasons including craziness at work and generally crappy overall weather conditions and an injury that have prevented me from getting outside on the bike.  Fortunately the weather broke last night and I joined in my first Wednesday night WBC Hoover ride of the season.  I rode with 3 other folks (Indiana Joe, Mike P & Sweetie) and we had a really great ride.  Nice and tight formation with a revolving pace line as we worked against the blustery winds that seemed to be in our faces in almost every direction we rode except when we headed east at the start. 

I stayed off the bike the last few weeks due to a nagging hip pain that troubled me after my last few rides.  Last night was a fairly easy pace and I did not experience pain after we were through.  I'm going to continue keeping an easy pace for the next few weeks and if the pain continues to stay away I'll begin cranking it up.  I once received a fortune cookie after eating Chinese and it said "Caution now is better than tears later".  I guess that sums up my cycling season right now. 

The weekend promises warm temps so I looking forward to getting out and enjoying Spring now that it finally seems to have arrived. 

No comments: