Monday, April 18, 2011

Windy Sunday

The hip is starting to feel better but the weather last weekend and early this past week did not cooperate in giving me more time to get out and ride.  Wednesday and Thursday were pretty fair days and I was able to join in on a few group rides.

Decided I would ride MOC on Sunday and almost bagged the ride when I woke up that morning to strong winds and gray, cloudy skies.  Realizing I am severely behind in miles I decided to tough it up and ride the 67 mile route.  After reaching Cardington the route headed south back toward Delaware for the last 25 miles +/-.  Most of the return route was into strong, gusty headwinds that made it tough to control the bike and hold our line.  A tough day in the saddle but was really glad I got out on the bike.

This week's weather looks iffy but I hope to make a few week night rides and possibly a century ride in Athens on Saturday.  Also looking forward to a nice 3-day weekend for the Easter Holiday. 

No comments: