Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nice Weekend!

This past weekend was a bit too cold for me to get out and ride. However, I’m sure a few a few of my friends braved the elements on Sunday since the roads were dry and sun was shining. On Saturday I put in a few trainer hours and then took Sweetie out that evening to see a movie and then have dinner at J.Gilberts. Both the movie and dinner were great and the company, as usual, was terrific (at least for me).

On Sunday we decided to hike around Highbanks for a few hours so we could get outside and enjoy the sunny day. While hiking along the trails we saw a few folks cross country skiing and we were a bit envious since we left our skis at home.

A nice view along the river during our Highbanks hike

Speaking of cross country skiing, some friends of ours went out to Colorado over the holidays to enjoy the trails and made it into the Dispatch:

It’s nice to have famous friends!

I noted in an earlier post that I have taken the 30 day Face Book-free challenge (a challenge of my own making). About halfway there and so far so good! No shakes or physical withdrawals of any sort. There have been a few Face Book stories in the news this past week that caught my eye regarding violations of people’s privacy. One odd story is about someone who hacked e-mail accounts to gather compromising photos that were then posted as the victim's person’s profile picture.

No comments: