Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Revenge of White Death

As retribution for making fun of yesterday's panic over the snow forecast, Mother Nature gave me a payback when I traveled to Cincinnati and Southern Indiana for work this morning. From the time I left the house until I exited onto I-74 near the Ohio border the roads seemed pretty decent as long as you drove with a bit of caution. But after crossing into Indiana I-74 came to a stop in both directions due to truck accidents.

A Fed-Ex truck jackknifed on a bridge in the opposite direction I was traveling and I can only imagine how long people in those lanes ended up waiting before the accident was cleared. In the direction I was traveling there was also a truck accident that brought us to a standstill less than 5 miles from the exit for my appointment. The delay lasted about 30 minutes. The worst part for me was that I noticed after we stopped that my gas gauge was near empty (not unusual for me) and the fuel light came on. Each time we stopped I would turn off the engine and hope I had enough fumes to make it to the next exit where gas was available.

Someone even put up a sign so we would know why we were sitting still on the freeway for 30 minutes


My last Indiana appointment today was in Greensburg and on my way back towards Ohio around lunch time it was smooth sailing. Was happy to arrive back home safe and sound.

I was able to make it to the Levydrome last night so no workout is planned for this evening. Looking forward to relaxing after a long day in the car.

No comments: